2 months ago
How Do You Know If Someone Blocked Your Number on iPhone Tech
The calling is the important function of any mobile device. Receiving the incoming calls is the great thing, but receiving the call of someone who is annoying is not as good as receiving the call from your girlfriend. Blocking the contacts and numbers on the iPhone with iOS 8 and iOS 9 is easy. But, if you think that your friend or someone whom you know has blocked your number on his phone, or he has accidentally blocked your number, then how would you tell?
Usually, people block the annoying telemarketers numbers on their iPhone. But, how’d you know if somebody accidentally blocked your number or intentionally did it? What if he or she is your best friend?. In this post, I will share some methods, which will help you to know, if the other person has blocked your contact on his iPhone or not. If you are using the iPhone with iOS 8 or iOS 9 versions, then you can easily find out if another person actually blocked you or just ignoring your messages and calls.
How to Know if Someone Blocked Your Number on iPhone
Many people are searching about how to know if someone blocked your number on iPhone on Google and other search engines. As the highly unanswered question, we decided to answer it for you. Read further to know more about the method, using which you can know if someone has blocked your number on his iPhone.
Try to Call
This is the first thing you’ve to do to know if someone has blocked you. Just make a call to them and check for the response from another side. Observe what is happening after you call them and draw the conclusion.
- After calling them, if the call is getting diverted to the voicemail, or your call is getting disconnected after just one ring, then you can be sure another person blocks your contact number.
- In standard cases, the call is diverted to the Voicemail after connecting to the call, if the person has set the Voicemail feature. People use this feature if they are busy on something so that you can leave them messages in voicemail. But, if the call is getting diverted to the voicemail after just one ring, then you can be sure that he blocked you.
- If you are not satisfied after trying this, observe if the call is getting diverted to the voicemail each time you call them. If you are calling them after five days or 10 days, then note that your number is blocked.
- If the other person has used the third party call blocking the app, then after calling them, you’ll receive just one ring and then “Busy” tone is coming, then your call is blocked, because the third party app blocks the call.
Text Messages with iMessage
If you are not getting any result with the Calling method above, then you should try the iMessages method. In this process, you can check if someone has blocked your number on his iPhone. The iMessage is the messaging application on the iPhone, which is very useful to us in this method. Follow the below-mentioned steps and draw the conclusion.
- Compose a Random message and send it to the contact who blocked you (As you suspect). You can send anything in the text message.
- Once sent, check for the read receipts of the message. If the contact has not blocked your number, then you’ll see the read receipts. If the contact has seen your message, then you’ll see it in read receipts.
- If the contact has blocked your number, then you’ll not able to see the read receipts. You can only see the status as “Delivered.” Nothing more can be seen if the person has blocked you.
So, this is how you can know if someone has blocked your number on his/her iPhone. The iMessage technique is better than the calling method, but there is another excellent technique.
Turn off Caller ID
The Caller ID method will help you to find out if the person has blocked your contact number or not. In this approach, the Caller ID function on your iPhone will help you to find out the truth.
- First of all, open the “Settings” on your iPhone and find the “Phone” option.
- In the “Phone” option, you’ve to “Caller ID” option. After finding it, TURN OFF the Caller ID.
- Now, Try to call the person you think who blocked your contact number. After calling, one of these things will happen.
- As the Caller ID is turned OFF, the person you are calling will not able to see your contact number and the Call Blocking Feature will be bypassed. After you call him, He will receive the Call from you, even if the Call Blocking is enabled.
- He will either receive your call and talk with you.
- He will only ignore the request assuming that you are calling him. (If he is smarter than you).
- Otherwise, the call will ring like it rings for the most of the people and then you’ll be diverted to the Voicemail to leave the message.
The Caller ID Method bypasses the Call Blocking feature of the iPhone and allows you to call the person. If the individual attends your call, you can ask him to remove you from the Call Blocking. But, there is no other option, if he is ignoring you even after successfully bypassing the call blocking and calling him.
These three methods will work flawlessly if you want to know if the person has blocked your contact number. You can follow these methods on the iPhone with iOS 8 or iOS 9. Getting your number blocked by someone without any reason is a very frustrating thing. So, these methods will help you to confirm if the person has blocked your number or not.
We hope that this post helped you to know if someone has blocked your number on iPhone. It can be accidental blocking or the intentional blocking, but confirming the blocking is our duty. If you get any problem while following these methods, please tell us in comments below.