3 weeks ago
Facebook Tricks that Will Blow your Mind Tech
Social networking has now become a necessity in the 21st century. Not only it helps you to be intact with all your friends and the world but also helps you to gain knowledge, promote your business and entertain yourself as well. Facebook is the largest social networking platform. With more than 1.7 billion users it has reached every corner of the world. As the number of Facebook users is increasing day by day, Facebook is also improving and adding new features with the same rate. Generally everyone is not aware of these features. Knowing some Facebook tricks is very helpful to use Facebook effectively. This post will let you know about various Facebook tricks which will help you get most out of Facebook.
1. Update Facebook Status Without using the Internet:
Very often people like to update their status and convey what’s going on with them. Sometimes updating Facebook status might be cumbersome because of slow internet speed. The bright side is that you can update your Facebook status even if you don’t have access to the internet. Follow these steps and this trick will always be helpful to you.
- Click on the Settings button of your Facebook account.
- On the left side you will find Mobile option, click on it.
- Now you will get an option to add your mobile number. After you add your mobile number you will receive an SMS of confirmation code.
- Enter this code and press the Confirm button and you are all set to update your Facebook status with the help of text messages.
2. Download Videos Posted on Facebook:
Very often we like various pages and events on Facebook. Many of these pages post videos which are entertaining or educating. There is nothing to worry about. We can easily download these videos by this simple Facebook trick. Follow this steps and this trick will always prove handy.
- Visit the Facebook video you want to download. Right click the video and click Show Video URL.
- Copy the URL and visit Clip Converter.
- Paste the video’s link and then press Continue.
- After you press continue you will get the option to choose quality of the video. Choose the quality according to your convenience and then press Start. After you press start conversion will take place for a while. Upon successful completion of conversion, you will get option to download. Just click the Download button and you are all good to go.
3. Edit your Facebook Advertisement Preferences:
Have you ever wondered whenever you open your Facebook account you get certain advertisements. These advertisements on a broad scope a limited to few types. If you delve further you may find out not all people get the same advertisements in their account. All this is related with your Ad preferences on Facebook. Whenever you like a page, or a post relevant to advertisement Facebook believes you are interested in these topics and Ad’s are delivered to you accordingly. It is interesting to know that you can change your advertisement preferences.
- Click on Settings in your Facebook menu. On the left side you will find Ads.
- Click on Ads and you’ll visit a screen further.
- Now click on Ads based on my preferences. Now you can view and edit your preferences. You can visit a variety of topics and edit them as well. Also the best part is that you can remove advertisements on specific topics if you don’t want them.
4. Recover your Memories on the Go:
This Facebook trick is needed mostly by everyone. Often we like to keep up a backup of our messages, videos and images as there are chances we can data can be deleted. This Facebook trick will help to retrieve the entire data of yours on Facebook.
- Visit your Facebook account, click the Down arrow and then click on Settings.• Now on the left side click General option.
- There will be an option: Download a copy of your Facebook data.
- Click on Start My Archive. You will be directed to re-enter your information and a copy of your Facebook data will be sent to you on your email id.
5. Enable Two-Step Verification:
As the software industry is growing so are the amount of hackers. As Facebook is the top most social networking site there a slight chances that your account might be hacked. Facebook always takes innovative steps to prohibit hacking, but on our side we should be as safe as possible. Enabling two step verification can make you safe. This is very similar to your Google account verification method. This Facebook trick will always keep you safe and secure. Follow these steps:
- Visit your Facebook account, click the Down arrow and then click on Settings.
- Now click on the Security option present on the left side.
- Now in the security settings click on Login Approvals and further check the box.
- Now you would be asked to Get started. After you click on it, enter your mobile number. Upon entering mobile number enter the confirmation code you receive.
- Now your account is safe and secure.
6. Sync your Facebook Calendar with Google Calendar:
This Facebook trick is very useful and it might help you organize yourself more. A calendar is as good as a personal assistant. Use this combination of two calendars well and it will definitely help you organize both work and social life effectively. Follow these steps.
- Click on Events on your Facebook account. Then click on Upcoming Events.
- Further click on Options and then select Export Event.
- Now after clicking on Export Event copy the URL below ‘Subscribe to all upcoming events under your calendar.
- Once you have copied the URL, open Google Calendar. On the left-hand side you will see an option named ‘Other Calendars.’ Click on the drop down next to ‘Other Calendars’ and choose “Add by URL”.
- Now Facebook and Google calendars of the account you hold are synced.
Hope this tricks are helpful to you. These Facebook tricks will definitely enable you to use Facebook more efficiently. Enjoy Facebooking!